Saturday, January 01, 2005

 

Actual Conversation between Me and My Mother...

that took place yesterday.

Crazy's mom looks at what Crazy is looking at on the computer. It just so happens to be Crazy's very own blog.

Crazy's mom: "Dr. Crazy, huh? That sounds like you."
Crazy: "Oh, I'm not Dr. Crazy."

The question is, why did I lie? It was like that reflex reaction of lying when somebody calls you while you're sleeping and they ask, "Are you sleeping?" and you immediately reply "no." Interesting.

I'm heading back with loads of crap to my own home with the kitten this afternoon I think.... weather looks like it's going to suck for the rest of the week and I long for my own bed.

Since this is the case, you can expect my MLA reflection posts to come next week. I have so much to say about it and about the way that MLA is so often characterized (by the press, by academics, by those who belong to/attend the MLA convention). I think it has a lot to do with the way that the humanities/literary studies are perceived as not being "real" disciplines, and also to do with some other things about academic culture and the brain-on-stick thing that Dr. B is always talking about. At any rate, expect that for next week.

By the way, my New Year's Eve was pretty lame all in all. Remember how excited I was for ringing the New Year in with the girls? Well, the tone was slightly changed when Jezebel invited her new boyfriend to come out with us... making it more like 3 sad spinsters observing new lovers on a date than any sort of female empowerment thing. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my idea of a perfect New Year's Eve celebration. Ah well, there's always next year...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?