Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 

Time to Reflect

As I suspect you all have heard, the Bush campaign is giving Kerry "time to reflect" on the numbers in Ohio. I, too, have taken time to reflect, and I have noted the following:

  1. I live in a country where the potential for life (call it an unborn child, call it a fetus, whatever) has more value than the lives of those walking, talking, and breathing - especially if those people are poor.
  2. I live in a country where people are more concerned about defining marriage as between a man and a woman than in ensuring equal rights for all people.
  3. I live in a country in which a newly elected senator has said publicly that single mothers and gay people should not be allowed to teach in the public schools.

Supposedly what has swung the tide Bush's way are people for whom "moral values" were the most important factor in deciding their vote. What does that even fucking mean?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?